The time for parties and get-togethers is upon us and if you really want to impress, make these seafood-stuffed crabs! Sweet flakey crab meat mixed with even sweeter-tasting shrimp and spices that make for great hors d’oeuvres or a great entree paired with some sides.
My parents really showered me with all the things I love recently when in town, mostly food and items that are hard to get out here in the big D. One of those things they brought was some crab shells that they cleaned up and were just waiting to get stuffed.
This recipe is really quick to put together. I decided to puree the shrimp but you can finely chop it and fold it into the crab mixture. You are basically making a crab-shrimp-like cake/burger.
This is one of my favorite things to eat, especially alongside a nice fried seafood platter. A little hot sauce and lemon squeezed on the side and your good-to-go!
Also, if you want, make them into some cakes and have a delicious burger!
The finishing touch is with some breadcrumbs and grated parasean cheese added for great texture with a little crunch. I hope y’all enjoy this as much as I did!
New Orleans Seafood Stuffed Crabs Recipe
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 a stalk celery diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs plus 1/2 cup more for topping
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese plus 1/2 cup more for topping
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 5-6 crab shells, cleaned
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine the crab, chopped shrimp, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, granulated garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, mayo, salt, and egg white. Gently mix the mixture together until well combined.
- Stuff the cleaned crab shells with the mixture until all is gone. Mix together the remaining breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese and melted butter. Top roughly 1 tablespoon of breadcrumb mixture on top. preheated oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the topping is nice and golden brown.
- Serve with some hot sauce and lemon wedge! Enjoy!