If you never had wagyu steak, you are missing out! This wagyu chuck steak is served with a tangy sweet tomato bacon and balsamic relish with blistered tomatoes. Lone Mountain Wagyu provides all your wagyu needs and have extremely great quaility products.
I was quite surprised how well packaged the product came. The attention to detail to make sure it was received with care was spot on.
These are Fullblood Wagyu Chuck Steaks and the marbling is out-of-this-world! They are wet aged for 56 days and have amazing flavor! When cooking these steaks, you want to give them a quick sear and have them medium rare or you can braise them until tender.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is put together quickly. The sauce with blistered tomatoes poured on top of the wagyu chuck steak is a treat. Top it off with some freshly torn basil and you have yourself a delicious meal! Be sure to check out Lone Mountain Wagyu for more delicious cuts of meat and recipes.
Chuck Steak with Tomato, Bacon and Balsamic Relish
- 1 cup of bacon (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Lone Mountain Wagyu Chuck Steaks
- kosher salt to season
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grape-seed oil
- fresh torn basil to garnish
- In a heavy duty cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, render bacon stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes until nice and crispy. Scoop bacon out from skillet, reserve and leave 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Raise the heat back up to medium-high and add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are lightly charred and about to burst, 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, reserved bacon, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, black pepper and a salt. Stir and reduce for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat, place in a container and keep warm.
- Let steaks come to room temperature before cooking. Season both sides with salt and black pepper. Heat cast iron skillet over over high heat just until smoking. Add oil and then carefully add steak. Cook for 3 minutes on 1 side undisturbed and then 1-1 1/2 minutes on the other. Repeat with other steak.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve with the warm tomato, bacon and balsamic relish and fresh torn basil.
Depending on desired doneness, steaks may need to cook for longer period. Can be braised until tender.