Shrimp and Clams in a smokey roasted tomato broth is all sorts of good! Grab a bottle of wine and some nice crusty bread and you have a delicious meal in as little as 15 minutes.
This dish is one of my favorites to make. Quick, easy and not short on flavor. I had the pleasure to partner with Sea To Table and use their delicious sustainable seafood that is nothing short on quality.
Sea To Table’s Wild Gulf Shrimp
For this recipe, I used Sea To Table Wild Gulf Shrimp. Once it hit the hot butter, the sweet aroma brought me back to the shrimp back home in NOLA. One of the great things about Sea To Table’s Wild Gulf Shrimp is that it is traceable. Upon receipt, on the label, it states the species, how it was caught, and where. Which I think is amazing. What is better than knowing where your food comes from??
You only have 4 main ingredients. Wild gulf shrimp, clams, roasted tomato butter, and wine.
Preparing the Roasted Tomato Butter
For the compound butter, I took room-temperature butter and added finely minced roasted tomatoes, parsley, garlic, smoked paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
If I were you, I would make a nice-sized batch, wrap it in some wax paper, and store it in the freezer. It is addicting and perfect to pair with some steak or toss with hot pasta.
Don’t forget to check out Sea To Table’s other great sustainable seafood offerings!
Recipe: Wild Gulf Shrimp w/ Clams and Roasted Tomato Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons roasted tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package of Sea To Table Wild Gulf Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few turns of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound clams
- 1/4 cup white wine
- In a small bowl combine the butter, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper. Combine well and then place aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and then place into skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on one side and then flip. Add clams, wine, and 2 tablespoons of the roasted tomato butter. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes until clams open up. Remove from heat, add more tomato butter, fresh parsley, and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy