I hope everyone is having a good week thus far! What is up with this cold snap that decided to come through? But, Spring is coming! Also, St. Patrick’s Day is also right around the corner, so why not a yummy green cocktail to help celebrate! This recipe is a Matcha lime fizz! Super tasty and yummy!
This drink came to light because a friend of mine a few years ago made me this smoothie containing matcha powder, lime juice, vanilla powder and almond milk. Blended with ice and a little vanilla syrup and, boom! There ya go! Was super tasty and delicious and I needed to be on that Matcha kick.
So, why not turn it into a cocktail? This recipe is a take on a Ramos Gin Fizz. The Ramos was born in New Orleans and consists of gin, citrus, cream, egg white and a splash of club soda. To me, it is the perfect combo and a great creamy drink!
For this recipe, the ingredients are matcha powder, lime syrup, lime juice, half and half, vanilla, gin and egg white. Very quick to put together and tasty! Reminded me of an orange creamsicle except with lime and alcohol!
Living out here in Dallas, I have fallen in love with Total Wine & More. I love the guest service they provide, selection and knowledgeable staff. I was on the hunt for a pretty balanced Gin, nothing too junipery or citrusy forward, just smack down the middle good. I was recommended G&J Greenall’s Gin and so glad I was! Super delicious and a great tasting Gin. Very well-balanced. What Gin’s do you prefer or always your go-to?
- Stirring Spoon
- Cocktail Shaker or Jar with Lid
- Measuring Cup or Spoon
- Citrus Juicer or Manual Reamer
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 limes
- Juice of 3 limes
Matcha Lime Fizz
- 3/4 ounces Lime Juice
- 1 and 1/2 ounces Gin
- 3/4 ounce Lime Syrup
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 ounce Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg White from a Medium Egg
- A Splash of Club Soda
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine water and sugar heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add lime zest and juice. Stir and let steep for 20-30 minutes. Strain and chill down.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine lime juice, gin, lime syrup, matcha powder, half and half, vanilla extract, and egg white. Seal and dry shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. (That is shaking without ice in the shaker)
- Open up the shaker and add 1 cup of ice. Seal and shake vigorously again for 10 seconds to chill. In the bottom of your glass, add a small splash of club soda and pour cocktail through a strainer (most shakers come with one) into your glass. You should have a foamy top. Slowly add a few splashes on top of the foam. The soda will make it rise and foam up more. Garnish with Matcha powder on top.