I have been going crazy for pears lately. So, I decided to make a delicious roasted pear salad with pomegranate seeds and candied walnuts. I made a yummy dressing out of cane syrup and cane vinegar. But feel free to substitute the cane syrup with maple syrup and the vinegar with white wine or apple cider!
I love making candied walnuts. Back in the restaurant, I remember making big batches to get ready for service. This recipe requires you to boil them first, then toss in powdered sugar and fry! Tasty little candied bites!
Autumn Pear Salad With Pomegranate Recipe
- 2 pears cut in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- a pinch of kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- oil to fry in
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup cane syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cane vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- one package of your favorite salad blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and preheat oil to 350 degrees. Drizzle olive oil over pears and lightly season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes until tender. While pears are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add walnuts and boil for 5-6 minutes. Drain and toss with powdered sugar while still hot (making sure to coat them really well). Fry in oil until golden brown, drain, and reserve.
- In a bowl whisk together the cane syrup vinegar and olive oil. Toss salad greens with a little bit of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and a little more vinaigrette and enjoy!