Oh, and towards the end, sprinkle some chopped pecans and brown sugar all over–delicious!
I was cooking some pork and wanted a side that would pair nicely and this worked perfectly.
I know everyone is in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and it is almost over.
The holidays mostly fly by me since I work in retail, but I’m excited about it since I’m able to be back home to NOLA and spend time with family.
I’m really expecting to do no cooking–none, nada! I want to eat some homey food from my parents and be sure to go to some of my favorite spots and try a few new ones. What have y’all been looking forward to? Are holidays to be over or never-ending?
Roasted Vegetables & Apples w/ Bacon & Pecans
- 3 cups sweet potatoes
- 2 apples cubed
- 1 cup brussels sprouts halved
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few cracks of black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, apples, brussels sprouts, bacon, and thyme together. Add the olive oil, salt, and black pepper and combine. Spread the mixture out on a sheet pan and then roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Make sure to stir and move ingredients around every 5-10 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, sprinkle on top the pecan pieces and brown sugar. Taste for seasoning and serve!