Crawfish Monica. This is a dish I remember my dad making for me and my brothers. I remembered it was a dish I wanted for my B-Day sleepover that my friends raved about. It is a dish that is well-known in New Orleans and a favorite at Jazz Fest. Just how this dish is a favorite of mine, I’m sure it will become a favorite of yours. Quick and simple to prepare. And no, you do not need to use zucchini noodles, pasta is traditional, but they were pretty tasty with this healthier version.
I love Crawfish Monica and I know some can be pretty impartial to crawfish, but I find crawfish to have a lot of flavor.
Crawfish, tomato, cream, butter, pasta, and some seasoning. No, problems here for me!
That is all it needs. Full of flavor, light, a little cheese on top at the end, and bam! You have a great dish.
Shrimp can easily be substituted but take advantage of the crawfish season which is fairly short and if not enough rain prior to the season, small mud-bugs will make it a rather bad season. The more rain, the bigger they are.
I hope y’all enjoy this dish as much as I do. What do you like to do with leftover crawfish tails from a boil?
Crawfish Monica Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crawfish tails
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 14.5 ounce e can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package zucchini noodles
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the crawfish tails and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and creole seasoning and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, heavy cream, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, in a skillet over medium heat, add 1 cup of water and then the zucchini noodles, cook until heated through. ( You want the noodles to be al dente)
- Toss or spoon some of the crawfish sauce over the noodles and garnish with green onions and parmesan cheese.
Pasta can be substituted for the zucchini noodles.