A month ago I finally was able to catch up with some friends and cook a nice dinner. Of course, I had to make a big deal about it and plan this extravagant three-course meal. I love sharing meals and getting together with my friends, they motivate me, always ready for dinner, and are the best critics–they are really are my guinea pigs.
I made this dish for dinner a few weeks back and wanted to share it with you guys. This was actually paired with a smoked trout croquette–which I really need to get around to posting–but this quick and simple summer creamed corn side will do in the meantime.
I love corn and all, but sometimes I want to do something other than sauteé, grill, roast, and so on. I’ve seen some recipes for corn ice cream that I’ve been wanting to try, and also some corn puddings that I’d love to make. If y’all have any corn recipes please share!
Summer Creamed Corn Recipe
This recipe is really quick to put together. The key to this delicious side is taking a few of the corn kernels pureeing it with some heavy cream and then adding it to the pot. It creates this luscious, sweet, corn-forward flavor that is perfect with the tender sauteed corn and seasonings. Make sure to make this with your next BBQ to pair alongside some nice smoked pork ribs or chicken!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons serrano or jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 1/2 cups corn, shucked reserve 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a pan over medium heat melt the butter and add the bell peppers and chile, sauté for 2-3 minutes to sweat. Add the 2 cups of corn and cook for another 2-3 minutes. In a blender, puree the 1/2 cup of corn and heavy cream. Pour the mixture into the pan and season with salt and white pepper. Cook for a few minutes and then enjoy!