Just in time for the big game, these chicken tinga fries will sure be a hit! Unfortunately, my Saints are not in it–please let’s not talk about that last play….but, back to the food–these are da-bomb!
For the big game, I do not want to spend a lot of time cooking so I wanted minimal work involved and easy bite-size snacks. For this recipe, I used my new go-to ingredient, D’Artagnan’s Chicken Leg Confit.
Y’all, I love this stuff and the recipes you can make with the chicken leg confit are endless. These have been in my freezer for a few weeks and I finally took them out.
Since moving to Texas, I have been introduced to a wide variety of different cuisines. Friends from different cultures and backgrounds took me in and we bonded over food and cooking! One of the recipes I remember a good friend of mine making was chicken tinga. Chicken tinga is shredded chicken cooked in a smokey tomato sauce with chipotle chiles and onions. This paired with crispy French fries and your favorite cheese sauce is the perfect game day snack that is put together in no time!
*For this post the wonderful people from D’Artagnan Foods were kind enough to offer me some of their products. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own, I have been a long-time supporter of D’Artgnan and their products!
Chicken Tinga Cheese Fries Recipe
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 6-ounce can of chipotle puree
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 package of D’Artagnan Chicken Leg Confit *can use 3 chicken quarters cooked and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1-2 bags of your favorite French fries
- 1 jar cheese sauce
- fresh chopped cilantro
- pickled jalepeño peppers for serving
- sour cream for serving
- In a skillet over medium heat heat oil and then add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, chipotle puree, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, add chicken, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Turn off the heat and place aside.
- Bake fries according to package directions until nice and crispy. While your fries are cooking, heat up the cheese sauce and reserve. Once the fries are cooked, place on the sheet pan and top with chicken Tinga and cheese sauce. Garnish with pickled jalapeño, cilantro, and sour cream.