I’ve crafted a delightful twist on the classic pecan pie that I can’t help but rave about. It’s my Pecan Cream Pie, and it’s become an essential part of my table setting. Imagine a buttery, flaky crust enveloping a delectable mixture of crunchy pecans, sweetened with pure maple syrup, and a creamy blend of pecan and cream cheese filling.
Sure, we’re familiar with the sticky-sweet standard pecan pie, especially during Thanksgiving. But this version? It’s a whole new experience. The nutty pecan goodness is there, but it’s embraced by a fluffy, sweet, and creamy filling that brings a cool, refreshing sensation with every bite. And here’s the best part – apart from the initial baking of the crust, this pie doesn’t require your oven at all.
Why This Creamy Pecan Pie
Here’s why you’ll absolutely adore this Creamy Pecan Pie:
- The filling is a dream – it’s not just creamy, but also light, thick, and absolutely luscious! Forget the heavy sweetness and stickiness of classic pecan pie; this one is a refreshing change that people can’t help but inquire about.
- Now, let’s talk about the magic trio: pure maple syrup, brown sugar, and pecans. It’s a match made in dessert heaven. These flavors join forces, creating a perfect harmony that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
- And guess what? This pecan cream cheese pie is a lifesaver for the holidays. You can whip it up ahead of time – prepare it a day before, and voila! It’s ready to steal the show whenever you need it the next day. Convenience and deliciousness all in one pie.
Overview: How to make a Pecan Cream Pie Recipe?
Get ready for a celestial experience with this Pecan Cream Pie that boasts a perfect golden brown crust, a delicate pecan flavor, and a luscious cream cheese filling. This recipe is a culinary delight that scores a perfect 5 out of 5.
To kick things off, remove the plastic lid from the 6-ounce ready-made pecan crust (I used the Diamond brand) – don’t toss it, as it doubles as a convenient storage lid for your pie. In a spacious mixing bowl, whip together room-temperature cream cheese and light brown sugar until fluffy and smooth, ensuring a lump-free filling. Then, add pure maple syrup and vanilla extract, beating until fully incorporated.
Fold in half of the thawed whipped topping, ensuring a seamless blend. Next, gently incorporate ¾ cup of finely chopped toasted pecans into the pecan cream pie mixture for an even distribution of nutty goodness. Spread this divine mixture evenly into the ready-made pecan crust. Top it off with the remaining whipped topping, spreading it to the edges with an offset spatula. For an elegant touch, garnish the center with the remaining ¼ cup of finely chopped toasted pecans.
Now, the waiting game begins. Chill the pie for at least 6 hours, or leave it overnight, allowing the Pecan Cream Pie to set up fully and reach its peak of deliciousness. Once chilled, slice and serve this delectable pie for a dessert experience that will leave everyone reaching for seconds. Don’t forget to save that lid for convenient storage of your creamy pecan pie!
Best Pecan Cream Pie
- Handheld Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Offset Spatula
- Pie Plate
- Baking sheet
- Plastic Lid from Ready-made Pecan Crust
- 6 ounces ready-made pecan crus
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 16 ounces Cream Cheeese At room temperature
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed and divided in half
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans divided into ¾ cup and ¼ cup, Fisher brand used
- Prepare the Crust: Remove the plastic lid from the ready-made pecan crust. Save the lid for later use as a storage cover for your pie.
- Cream Cheese Mixture: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and light brown sugar at medium-low speed using a handheld mixer for about 1 minute until fluffy and smooth.
- Flavor Infusion: Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the cream cheese, beating for an additional 30 seconds until fully incorporated
- Whipped Topping Addition: Gently fold in half (4 ounces) of the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated with no streaks.
- Pecan Integration: Fold in ¾ cup of finely chopped toasted pecans into the mixture until evenly distributed.
- Pie Assembly: Spread the pecan cream pie mixture evenly in the ready-made pecan crust.
- Topping: Layer the remaining whipped topping on top, spreading it to the edges using an offset spatula.
- Garnish: Decorate the center, leaving about an inch around the edge, with the remaining ¼ cup of finely chopped toasted pecans.
- Chill Time: Allow the pie to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight to ensure the pecan cream pie sets up fully.
- Save the plastic lid for use as a storage cover.
- Ensure cream cheese is at room temperature for a smooth filling.
- For stability during transport, place the pie crust and foil plate inside a glass 9-inch pie plate.
- Slice and serve the pecan cream pie once fully chilled.
Certainly! Here’s the nutritional information presented in a table format:
My Tips for Making Pecan Cream Pie
- Choose the Right Syrup: Use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup. You can find pure maple syrup near other syrup and breakfast items in the grocery store.
- Whipped Cream Options: While I prefer homemade whipped cream for this recipe, you can take a shortcut by replacing the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with 1 container (8 oz) of Cool Whip. Keep in mind that using Cool Whip may alter the pie’s flavor, so I recommend sticking to homemade if possible.
- Prep the Pie Crust: Ensure that the pie crust is fully cooked and cooled before adding the pecan cream filling. Plan ahead and allow time for the pie to refrigerate before serving. I recommend making it the night before and letting it refrigerate overnight, covered.
- Refrigeration Time: The pie needs at least 8 hours of refrigeration time, but it can do even better with more time. I personally make this pie a day before Thanksgiving (or whenever needed) and let it sit in the fridge overnight and throughout the day until we enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in the early evening.
How to serve the Pecan Cream Pie Recipe?
Elevate your Thanksgiving table with the addition of this delectable creamy sweet pie, perfectly complementing our fantastic crustless pumpkin pie recipe.
For an extra delightful touch, serve each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s the perfect way to conclude a special occasion meal, leaving everyone with a satisfied sweet tooth.
And if you’re a fan of easy dessert additions, we’ve got you covered with more no-bake recipes. Try our luscious no-bake lemon pie and indulgent no-bake Oreo cheesecake – both are decadent treats guaranteed to bring joy to your taste buds.
How can I properly store this delightful pecan cream pie, whether it’s for an upcoming event or to enjoy over multiple days?
Make Ahead: If you’re thinking ahead, good news! This pie is perfect for preparing in advance, saving you time on hectic days.
Once the pie is fully prepared and set, wrap it tightly in either plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Keep it in the refrigerator for up to two to three days before serving. Making it ahead gives the flavors time to blend, making the dessert even richer and more indulgent.
Refrigeration: Utilize the plastic lid from the ready-made pie crust as a cover. Store this pecan cream pie in the fridge for up to four days.
Freezing Option: For longer storage, freeze the pie for up to three months. Wrap it thoroughly with plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer.
Check Out These Amazing Pie Recipes:
- Vegan Pecan Pie: A cruelty-free delight with a delectable pecan filling in a plant-based pie crust. Perfect for those who prefer vegan treats.
- Pecan Pie Bars Recipe: Enjoy the goodness of pecan pie in convenient bar form. Great for snacking or sharing with friends and family.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe: Elevate your pecan pie experience with the rich addition of chocolate. A heavenly blend of pecans and chocolate in every bite.
- Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: Embrace the sweet and savory goodness of sweet potato pie. A delicious twist on the classic, perfect for any occasion.
- Classic Pecan Pie Recipe: Stick to the timeless charm of traditional pecan pie. A buttery crust, nutty filling, and a hint of sweetness make this a classic favorite.
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Recipe: Indulge in the perfect fusion of sweet and salty with this apple pie. A buttery crust, caramel drizzle, and a touch of salt create a delightful harmony.