Yes to these chocolate chip and peppermint cookies! I have been testing out different cookie recipes and these were a hit!
Y’all, I am not a baker but up until I made these cookies I have only made cookies from scratch twice in my life! I really wish someone told me how easy it was.
On top of being quick to put together, they freeze well! Yes, you can have mountains of cookies in your freezer at you becoming.
Rich chocolate and minty peppermint is the perfect combo! I was at one of my local grocery stores here in Dallas and they have Valrhona chocolate on sale, so me being me, I had to get some!
Valrhona chocolate is a staple in professional kitchens across the world. Such great quaility, so when I saw them on sale, I had to grab some of their Guanaja 70%, which is the perfect balance.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
When I first made cookies, I just used regular AP flour. But after some reading and studying of recipes, a lot of them called for a mixture of both AP flour and bread flour. Bread flour has more gluten which in turn will add more texture and a chew to your cookies.
Also, if Christina Tosi from Momofuku Milk Bar fame recommends it, then it’s a no brainer. Here is a link from Food52 that talks a little bit more about using bread flour and also some more awesome tips and tools.
- 1/2 lb butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb 70% chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peppermints
- 1 In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle, cream butter and sugars.
- 2 Add eggs, one at a time.
- 3 Reduce speed to low, add flours, baking powder and soda, and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
- 4 With the speed on low, add chocolate and stir until mixed.
- 5 Using an ice cream scoop, portion dough. Rest in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Place dough evenly onto a lined baking sheet.
- 3 Sprinkle with sea salt and place directly into center of the oven.
- 4 Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes for larger cookies, 15 minutes for smaller cookies, turning entire tray 180° during baking.