This chow chow relish is one to have in your arsenal! Goes well with just about anything. Chicken, seafood, pork–definitely pork– and even mixed with some cream cheese as a spread. Quick and simple to put together. Mango, chiles, ginger, turmeric, mustard seeds, and onions into a pot, simmer for 15 minutes and it’s done! That.Is.It.
Mango Chow Chow Relish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresno chile, diced
- 4 tablespoons jalapeño, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup mango, small diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced optional
- In a pot over medium heat, pour olive oil and then saute onions, Fresno, jalapeno, and ginger for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Place in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.